Finally, a fun, flexible training program to get you to race day! Join us for 8 weeks of training and workouts to prepare you for the Shamrock 'N Roll Road Race on Sunday, March 12, 2017. Program is open to both men and women and begins with a “Start Your Stride” run & info session on Saturday, January 14th!
TWO TRACKS: New Strider (new to running or walking or getting back into running), Seasoned Strider(already running 3 or more times a week)
Each Saturday, Stride Strong will meet at 8:00am for a fun training session. The rest of the week, you fit in the prescribed training on your own schedule. Coaches will help you target specific race day goals and teach you training tactics, race preparation and injury prevention tips. The program ends with the completion the Shamrock 'N Roll 5K/10K Road Raceon Sunday, March 12, 2017.
The 8-week training program includes:
- • 8 Key Workouts: Each Saturday at 8am (with a kick-off run on January 14th), the group will meet and complete a fun training session. The variety of the workouts will allow you to optimally prepare for the race, reduce chance of injury and learn key elements of training for any running event.
- • 8 Weeks of Workout Plans:Each of the 8 weeks of the program you will be provided with 3 or 4 training sessions to complete during the week.
- • West Stride training tee if you register by January 10th!
- • Optional mid-week runs on Wednesdays at 6:15pm at West Stride
- • Tips and information on training techniques, stretching, nutrition, race preparation and more
- • Registration into the Shamrock 'N Roll 5K/10K Road Race on March 12, 2017
Why choose this training program? Variety, Motivation, Expert Coaching and FUN! Our program will be run by certified, experienced coaches with the knowledge to tailor the training program to meet your specific goals. We can cater to both beginners and intermediate runners. Plus, your registration will include paid entry into the Shamrock 'N Roll Road Race - either the 5K or the 10K! If you are ready to start running regularly or to achieve new time goals, this program is for you!